Wednesday 3 March 2010

Im so fucking pissed right now....

I am so so so angry right now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/ma ... ing-cheese

Right....

My father has bi-polar. I grew up witnessing it. I visited my dad after his nervous breakdown. I helped him with his recovery, I learned about the problem as he did and now he has managed, after twenty years suffering and ten years after being diagnosed, to live in some form of harmony with it.

I am so disgusted that the U.S prison system could be so fucking 19th century in it's morality. 8 fucking years for stealing a bag of cheese? I could understand why people would defend it... i'd never agree but there we go.

I cannot imagine how ANYONE could defend this though:

"...a psychological evaluation deemed him bipolar and unable to control his impulses to steal, the Sacramento Bee reported."

I mean, this is simply farcical. Inhuman, but also utterly nonsensical. He has something wrong with his brain. It's simple fucking chemistry. He is unable to control his impulse to steal! I KNOW this is utterly possible. I also wonder how many others with bipolar are currently doing life in prison when they should be getting fucking help!

AAAAAARGH! How can you be 'lenient' and 'only' give him 8 years?! He's fucking ill! 8 fucking years!?!?!?!?

I say again... the U.S justice system is fucked!

No comments: